PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: [Security Weekly] Bad c# encryption class

From: Ben Floyd <dataplex () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 23:49:18 -0500

Have you tried searching for "typical" class names with file extensions .cs
in open source / public repositories (github, bitbucket, etc)?
Stackoverflow probably has a ton of fodder as well and no one ever copies
code from SO right? A lot of them will use the .NET enryption classes, but
there in lies the magic - many of them implement the requirements for those
algorithms incorrectly. Are you looking strictly for custom "crypto"
implementations or will abused vetted crypto algorithms work as well?

- dpx