PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: [Security Weekly] cheap hosting

From: Jacob Domann <jacob.domann () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 08:56:51 -0500

Low End Box is excellent for cheap throwaway VPS's.  Ones that if they
disappeared, you might not miss them.  Some companies that show up there go
out of business because they're so cheap lol.  But you'll find a lot of the
best deals for VPS's there.

When I had a VPS, I used Ramnode:
http://www.ramnode.com/
I used the 256MB OpenVZ SSD-Cached plan and it cost me $20.60
semi-annually.  It actually looks like the price went down since then.  You
get a choice of Linux OS's to pick from and it deploys very quickly.  But
with any VPS, you'll need to practice RAM management unless you want to pay
more.

Ramnode and Linode are some of the cheapest VPS providers that still offer
premium features, such as 2FA.

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 8:17 AM, James Woolley <james () jamesdotcom com>