PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Tenable PVS on a pen test

From: David Maynor <dave () erratasec com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 05:44:35 +0000

Simple seems best for me. I like to run PVS on a VM running at the same time as my attack VM. That way it doesn’t
matter where my target is I am getting the front/back analysis. It works really well in this config along with a Kali
image. You have no idea when a ../../.. at the most random time will get you a word file back. PVS is really good a
keeping this straight for you.

I am trying to finish up a blog post about pentesting with PVS that covers a lot of this.