PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Exploiting vulnerable php functions

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 23:17:50 +0100

On 12 September 2013 04:21, Sean McCormick <sean.m.mccormick () gmail com>wrote:

Thanks for all the feedback.

If I understand the remote file inclusion vulnerability correctly this has
more to do with improper data validation than a vulnerability in a PHP
function.  So in order to exploit a vulnerable PHP function in this manner
the script would also have to be missing proper data validation, which
would give you more to play with besides the PHP function correct?

That is correct. You would use the ?FI to bring in a file that used the
vulnerable function.

Robin