PaulDotCom mailing list archives

spoofing another machine's fingerprints

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 23:57:31 +0100

As I asked about recently, I'll soon be testing a NAC type device and so I
was wondering, is there a tool which will let me watch a device then clone
its network fingerprint? By fingerprint I mean things like network settings
such as TTLs but also open ports (probably couldn't spoof the service but
at least open the port).

I know there is a tool that is designed to fool attackers by having a list
of different OS's and you chose which you want to pretend to be but rather
than pick from a list I want to be able to point it at another machine and
say "clone that".

If a tool doesn't exist, and I don't think it will, can someone remind me
of the name of the tool I described above and I'll have a look see if that
can be modified.

Robin