PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: looking for geolocated accounts

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 12:33:54 +0100

On 23 July 2013 16:45, Ben Jackson <bbj () mayhemiclabs com> wrote:
Hi Robin:

When Larry and I last checked (6 months ago?), we were coming up pretty empty on users including geotags. Thankfully,
(or unfortunately, in our case) most clients are turning them off. However, Twitpic users are still your best bet;
the one user we found was using their service, so they were still not stripping tags.

I'll check out Twitpic, at the moment I'm just after some users I can
have as test data, don't really care where they are.

Instagram never sent geotags and I haven't looked at Flickr since forever.

Flickr strips the tags from the photos but lets you tag where you
upload it so you can still (almost) get where they were. Instagram
does a similar thing.

Robin

Happy Hunting!

Ben