PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: JS XSS protection library

From: d4x <d4x () hackers it>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 09:06:44 +0200

Hi Robin,
Recently I'm trying to secure my websites against XSS with injection of JS in many ways. Unfortunately these solutions
doesn't seem to work properly.

OSWAP basically say to work on whitelists, and (with Ruby) the Sanitize gem is helping giving a first level of
protection, stripping *all* malicious tags from params...but it's not enough.

Some tries ( I.e starting with %22%20onmouseover) are still painful and at this point I'm writing some code to escape
but I am back to blacklisting, which smell like a neverending run.

Adding code for stupid params like locale also slow down performance, but is it a secondary problem.

d4x

Sent from my mobile