PaulDotCom mailing list archives

user enumeration through RDP

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 01:36:18 +0100

I've just noticed a nice little trick for user enumeration. The client I'm
testing has RDP on almost every windows machine and when you connect to
them, if there is a user already connected they tell you who it is. Luckily
here most of them do have someone logged in. It is a manual job but has got
me a nice little stash of usernames which is good as all my usual
techniques failed. Of extra lucky, by naming and subnets I know which the
servers are so I'm assuming users connected to them are either admins or at
least have more privileges than a normal user.

Thought others might find it useful.

Robin