PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: mass user creation on 2008 then enumeration

From: Barry Von Ahsen <barry () vonahsen com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 19:42:33 -0500

On Apr 30, 2013, at 10:48 AM, Robin Wood wrote:

I'm setting up a lab for some training I've got and I need to set up a
bunch of users on my 2008 DC. I know there are scripts to do this but can't
find any, has anyone got a good one?

I wrote this powershell to mass change passwords, set-aduser should change to new-aduser pretty directly.  logins.txt
is just a username,password CSV file (with username,password as the header)

$inputfile = ".\logins.txt"

$data = import-csv $inputfile

foreach ($user in $data) {
        $pass = ConvertTo-SecureString $user.password -AsPlainText –Force
        $user = $user.username
        write-host creating $user
        set-aduser -identity $user -AccountPassword $pass -CannotChangePassword $true -PasswordNeverExpires $true
}

-barry