PaulDotCom mailing list archives

The Recon-ng Framework

From: Tim Tomes <tjt1980 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 11:56:31 -0500

All,

For those that may not have seen via Twitter, and don't read
PaulDotCom, I'd like to share with you the release of a tool I have
been working over the past several months: the Recon-ng Framework. It
is based largely on the recon scripts I released at DerbyCon and
Hack3rCon last year, but is a full fledged framework in the way that
the Metasploit Framework is a framework. Recon-ng is written in Python
and has a completely separate purpose from Metsaploit. Therefore, it
does not overlap in terms of where it fits into the penetration
testing methodology and provides those who enjoy coding in Python a
project to contribute to. There is a lot of room for community
contributions. I have added a bunch of module and enhancement ideas to
the issue tracker if anyone is interested. I am very excited about
this. We've been using it at Black Hills Information Security over the
past several months and it has drastically increased our efficiency
and effectiveness during the penetration testing process. At times,
we've had valid authentication credentials for a target without ever
sending a packet to the network. Please check it out and let me know
what you think. I encourage any and all input, as I am not a
programmer, just someone who likes to code. Thanks.

Usage and Development documentation is available on the repository wiki page.

https://bitbucket.org/LaNMaSteR53/recon-ng

--
Tim Tomes
http://lanmaster53.com/