PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Securing Java via GPOs

From: Carlos Perez <carlos_perez () darkoperator com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 10:37:39 -0400

Hi

I had to help a friend to harden his Java installs since sadly they depend on Java for several internal Oracle apps and
he asked me if I could help harden his environment. Have to say it turned in to long weekend of meetings with
developers and help desk people but we got the environment secured and mitigated some risks using Group Policy Objects
and WMI filters. Biggest fight was the developers who refused to add to their workflow the signing of their applets, so
we just added all existing certs to a trusted list on a hosts and deployed that one. Just wanted to share some of the
process since it could be useful for those that need to have Java in their Windows environment
http://www.darkoperator.com/blog/2013/1/14/centralized-management-of-java-se-environment-using-gpo-redu.html

Thanks,
Carlos