PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Python and asynchronous sockets question

From: Martín <ole () makensi es>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:37:46 +0100

Hi!

be also advised that because of the GlL [1] of the cpython interpreter, you
may need to switch to an alternative interpreter implementation when
performance of high concurrency applications is a must.

In other words, Python may not be the best choice when trying to go to such
performance limits.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Interpreter_Lock