PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: ASN to prefix list

From: Hans Kokx <skipmeister123 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 09:27:34 -0400

In trying to clarify my question, I believe I had an "uh, duh" moment.  If I'm trying to verify that an IP or prefix is
part of an AS, I can simply run:

10310   | 195.69.144.0     | 195.69.144.0/22     | NL | YAHOO-1 - Yahoo!
[09:23 AM] hkokx@hkokx ~/Desktop $ awhois 8.8.8.8
AS      | IP               | BGP Prefix          | CC | AS Name
15169   | 8.8.8.8          | 8.8.8.0/24          | US | GOOGLE - Google Inc.

and check the AS to see if it matches a given prefix.  I must've been tired for not catching that before :(

I don't think there's any *need* to grab a full list of prefixes for an AS to accomplish this task.
--
Hans Kokx