PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Auditing WPA/WPA2 wifi networks

From: Doug Chesterman <mobile.doug.chesterman () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 22:48:37 -0500

Are you talking about auditing the wireless portion of the network or monitoring it with a (W)IDS/IPS?

There are commercial WIDS/WIPS, Motorola makes Air Defence and there are others as well.

How you audit your wireless network will depend on the risks that wireless pose to your organization and how they are
being managed.

The security of your APs is not the only risk, you may want to also think about the configuration of wireless devices
and whether they can associate with an attacker's rogue AP.

Do you monitor for people in your org who connect their own consumer wireless router?

Doug