PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: archiving gmail

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 15:28:29 +0100

On 22 October 2012 13:55, Josh More <jmore () starmind org> wrote:
I use getmail:  http://pyropus.ca/software/getmail/

You have to run it in a loop, as Google limits the number of messages
you can pull at a time to around 100.  (Sometimes it's 80ish,
sometimes it's 120ish).

I generally find that running:  "for i in {1..20}; do getmail -r
~/.getmail/getmail.gmail; sleep 120; done"  is sufficient for my
backups every few weeks.

I'm sure you could script this in a better way so it automatically
stops when there's no more mail to get.  Lazy script just uses a loop.
 :)

That will take a while then to pull down almost 7G of mails (over 4+
years of data). Maybe not a practical option after all.

Robin

-Josh More

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 6:43 AM, Alexandre DELOUP