PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: need iptables help

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 14:26:10 +0000

On Dec 26, 2012 2:22 PM, "Hans Kokx" <skipmeister123 () gmail com> wrote:

http://ebtables.sourceforge.net/br_fw_ia/br_fw_ia.html#section6

As I said, I think ebtables and not iptables is the way to go.

Robin

--
Hans Kokx

On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Robin Wood wrote:

On Dec 26, 2012 2:11 PM, "Hans Kokx" <skipmeister123 () gmail com> wrote:

I don't think that's true, Robin.  When I worked at Barracuda, I
supported their web filter.  It had a bridged interface, exclusively.  It
also used iptables for all the rules.

If you can suggest a working rule I'll happily be proved wrong.

From reading about ebtables it operates at a lower level so can hit the
bridge.

Robin

--