PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: need iptables help

From: anthony kasza <anthony.kasza () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 18:10:47 -0600

Have you tried the FORWARD chain?

-AK
On Dec 23, 2012 7:01 PM, "Robin Wood" <robin () digininja org> wrote:

Hi
I need an IP tables rule that will catch all traffic going over a
network bridge and send anything destined to port 80 to 8080. As the
proxy that will be listening on port 8080 will modify some traffic to
make it request from the IP of the local machine I'll need the rule to
ignore requests to port 80 on the IP of the localhost.

This is what I tried as this works with IP forwarding for things like
ARP spoofing but this doesn't work in this instance, I think because
there is no routing going on, the traffic is just being passed
straight through.

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 80 ! -d
<local-IP> -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080

With this rule in place, if I drop the -d I can get pages being
requested from the web server on the local machine to be bounced
through the proxy.

How do I do it?

Got a few good tools going to be based on this if I can get it to work