PaulDotCom mailing list archives

New Automated Wall of Sheep (DoFler Project)

From: Steven McGrath <smcgrath () tenable com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 04:34:56 +0000

Evening Everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know of a Wall of Sheep project that I have been working on in preparation for BSidesLV.  The
DoFler Project (Dashboard of Fail) is a Wall of Sheep platform designed to utilize a JSON API with a centralized
Database and can handle multiple clients talking to it.  It's still early in development, however one of the key design
criteria is that it will eventually be able to run on embedded devices (think Raspberry Pi, Dreamplugs, etc.) and
report to a central console.  This central console has a webpage that is then automatically updated via Javascript.  A
successful initial dry run was conducted at this last Chicago BurbSec meeting and it will be driving the Wall of Sheep
at this year's BSidesLV conference.  Please feel free to look over the code, offer input, and let me know what you guys
think of the implementation when you see it.  There are still some ideas for improvement and some unfinished APIs yet,
but in general I have been really happy with it.  Regardless, see all of ya in Vegas ;)

https://github.com/SteveMcGrath/dofler

Steven McGrath | Sales Engineer - North Central
Tenable Network Security
C: 773-744-9701  O: 410-872-0555 x264