PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Questions and suggestions about security on Android devices

From: Carlos Perez <carlos_perez () darkoperator com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:12:29 -0400

Don't forget you can download the copy for your model and compile it your
self
On Aug 28, 2012 2:10 PM, "Josh More" <jmore () starmind org> wrote:

CyanogenMod is mostly due to personal preference with three anecdotal
security points.

1) It's stable. I've worked with several mods that are better, but
don't sustain with regard to updates. I prefer to stay with one thing
than bounce from ROM to ROM as I track Android flaws.

2) It's not based on Sense.  I have no objection to Sense ROMs in use,
but I have to think that adding a potentially buggy layer onto a
known-buggy layer isn't going to improve things much.

3) Back when Android had that exploited browser vuln, CyangogenMod was
one of the first to release a fix for it.  It's a single data point,
sure, but it's one that I liked.

-Josh More

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 11:24 PM, Michael D. Wood