PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Summer reading list (2012)

From: Kevin Shaw <kevin.lee.shaw () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 16:28:59 -0400

My summer reading is always never complete so my first goal is dedicated
reading time..! Sorry, porn tumblrs.

I'm reading the last two of six Codex Alera by Jim Butcher, Princeps' Fury
and First Lord's Fury. I was whipping through them and a friend at our pool
told me to slow down and catch the nuances, so I am.

I used to buy storage lockers if they had lots of books or D&D/Warhammer
stuff when I lived in WV - no one else quite knew their value and I would
EBay them piecemeal for six to fifteen times what I paid.  I have the first
two Game of Thrones books from one of those and will nookbook the remainder
if I like them, after Alera.

My "Ooooh Christmas" Amazon pre-order just showed up with The Primarchs, a
Warhammer 40K Horus Heresy series book.

I have a Fathers Day 2010 gift, "The Iranian Deception," autographed by its
author Capt. Edward M. Brittingham USN Ret. I just got around to putting it
on the list.

I will probably read IPv6 Essentials, reread Metasploit (and try and get it
autographed at Defcon), and finally this Grey Hat Python I've been
procrastinating on. Maybe I'll read that Ruby book from Why the Lucky stiff
too, it's loaded on enough devices.
On Jun 11, 2012 4:08 PM, "Carlos Perez" <carlos_perez () darkoperator com>