PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: selling exploits to ZDI

From: Gerardo Iglesias Galvan <iglesiasg () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 16:05:58 -0500

The price really depends on the vendor, product and severity of the vuln,
but for pre-auth RCE on a product from a big vendor (let's say e.g. IBM)
you could get up to $1k.

Cheers,
Gerardo Iglesias

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Robin Wood <robin () digininja org> wrote:

I'm probably going to do the Corelan exploit development course at
BruCon but I'm trying to work out the rough selling price for exploits
to ZDI. I tried asking them on twitter but the best I got back was
that they had paid $x over y years and told to do the maths. That
doesn't really help so I was wondering if anyone here could give me a
rough idea of prices.

I'll be just starting out so probably finding small things in obscure
apps to start with just to get used to doing things then start moving
upwards if things work out. I've read all the information on the
things that affect the price but I'd just like to get an idea of a
base prices so I can then apply their conditions when I'm thinking of
targets and what to look at.

Robin