PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Proposal for "Out of Character: Use of Punycode and Homoglyph Attacks to Obfuscate URLs for Phishing"

From: Adrian Crenshaw <irongeek () irongeek com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 03:33:22 -0500

Hi all,
   I'm working on a paper for class about Homoglyph Attacks, mostly
involving Punycode/IDNA. Here is the proposal:
http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=security/homoglyph-attack-project

 If you want to make suggestions and tell me about other weird
Unicode/Homoglyph security issues, please chime in.

If you want to play with making homographs, look at my Homoglyph Attack
Generator:
http://www.irongeek.com/homoglyph-attack-generator.php

It is some damn ugly Javascript/PHP, and likely has a lot of bugs.

Thanks,
Adrian

--
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." ~ W. Somerset
Maugham