PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Definition of a bug

From: Ben Pratt <ben () thegeekzone com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 15:12:21 -0600

Greetings, I am currently going through old episodes looking for a quote but I hope someone here will read this and help to reduce my "work" of listening to old episodes.

Some time ago (I believe at least 1 year ago but maybe not) a guest was interviewed on the podcast and he defined a bug as when software doesn't do something it is supposed to do or does something that wasn't in the design. I'd really like to track down this quote for a presentation I'm hoping to give to a bunch of non-security people and hoping you can help.

Does anyone recall this interview? Do you remember who said something to that affect?

Thank you,

Ben