PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: zonetransfer.me

From: Bill Swearingen <hevnsnt () i-hacked com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 14:41:01 -0600

Well done Robin!
b.

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 11:56 AM, xgermx <xgermx () gmail com> wrote:

Great resource.
Thanks.

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 4:57 AM, Robin Wood <robin () digininja org> wrote:

Have you ever needed to explain zone transfers and why they are bad
but not been able to find a domain to demonstrate on? I've had this
problem a few times so created zonetransfer.me , a domain which will
always have zone transfers enabled and will have plenty of information
leaking out of it. It should also be fairly easy to remember the name.

For more information on the project, and how I would read the
information leaked by the transfer, have a look at
www.digininja.org/projects/zonetransferme.php

If I've got anything wrong, there is more information you would read
from the transfer, or more information you would like adding then
please get in touch and I'll see what I can do.

Merry Christmas.

Robin