PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Looking for info on Windows Phone 7 Application Assessment

From: Dimitrios Kapsalis <dimitrios () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 13:23:50 -0600

Hi,

I'm preparing to perform an assessment for a windows phone7 application.
This is my first time in this space and am interested to see if anyone has
performed an assessment like this in the past or has any tips.

I've done iPhone and Android assessments thus far leveraging both the
emulators and devices. Typically I my methodology is as follows for the
assessments at a high-level.

Methodology
Static assessment of application and its artifacts (artifacts meaning any
files it has that are used to configure the app's environment)
Dynamic assessment
* Evaluate data in transit
* Evaluate data and application information at rest on the device.

For the WP7 assessment I will be using the emulator to perform the
assessment. Any tools or resources you can share about how to view the
filesystem of the WP7 emulator?

Regards,
Jim