PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Launching Pipal, Password Analyser

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:35:27 +0000

After a month of work, testing and bug fixes I'm finally launching Pipal.

http://www.digininja.org/projects/pipal.php

Pipal is a password analyser tool which takes a cracked password list
and generates a whole raft of stats based on the words found in it.
Stats are aimed at various levels of users, from the number of 6
character and less passwords found up to the character sets used,
their ordering and the masks for Hashcat.

I'd really like to expand the tool to add more stats that people look
for when analysing password lists so if there is a set of numbers that
you would like to see which isn't already there please let me know.
I'm hoping version 2 will add a bunch of new stats and I've got plans
for speed and coding enhancements to make it run through a lot faster.

There are some sample stats on the site if you are interested but
don't have the time to download it and run it yourself and I'm
currently running it against the large RockYou dump so will release
those stats when complete. It is at 22% and estimating 14 hours to go
but I think it will finish quite a bit sooner than that.

Robin