PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Slow patching process

From: Brian Erdelyi <brian_erdelyi () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 15:22:38 -0300

Is your bottleneck in approval or implementation/rollout.

For Windows critical and security updates we use WSUS to automatically deploy to all workstations when they are
available.  We used to have a tiered deployment that would require various approvals.  After getting more comfortable
that it doesn't impact users we have automated this.  Servers are scheduled during their regular maintenance window...
critical and security related updates are pre-approved.

We only hold off on IE and java updates as these will break some core business applications.

.b