PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Carving Excel file from memory

From: Sherif El-Deeb <archeldeeb () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 04:52:32 +0300

Wow! how did I miss that CLKF post! Thanks for pointing to it.

@Andrew: thnx for the info.
@marc : any updates?
On Sep 9, 2011 4:31 AM, <byte.bucket () 4a44 com> wrote:
This bit of commandline kung-fu is quite useful when dealing with tools
like foremost and scalpel:
http://blog.commandlinekungfu.com/2010/07/episode-105-file-triage.html

--
byte_bucket
Create a memory dump, then run it through "foremost" or "scalpel"? This

If this works, beware that xlsx files will show up as "zip" files when
carved by these tools.

Interesting experiment! Sharing the results with us will be highly
appreciated.

Sherif eldeeb.
On Sep 8, 2011 11:56 PM, "Marc Wickenden" <marc.wickenden () gmail com>