PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: CISSP Spam in my Blog very potentially courtesy of Shon Harris

From: Sven Aluoor <aluoor () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 12:00:34 +0200

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Abraham Aranguren <elaabraham () gmail com> wrote:
Hi folks,

I think this one needs to be shared: It looks like Shon Harris has been
trying to increase sales of CISSP training materials via hiring spammers in
India to manually post links on blog comments. I just realised all this
today and even found further evidence documented in the attrition.org site
of previous spamming attempts via email. All explained in my blog with links
to attrition.org at the end for more background.

Blog Spam Analysis Series: CISSP Spam surprise
http://securityconscious.blogspot.com/2011/08/blog-spam-analysis-series-cissp-spam.html
This one will really make you wonder about the CISSP code of ethics :P

Thank you for your analysis. Seems pretty clear that Shon Harris is
SEO-spamming other sites.  We should file a ethics complaint at
(ISC)². (ISC)² will decide if she looses her CISSP status. That would
really hur her top selling business.

Ethics Complaint
(ISC)², Inc.
P.O. Box 230326