PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Data sanitisation

From: Jason Jarvis <k41zen () me com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 19:10:51 +0100

My team are regularly asked to either sanitise data or check that it has been sanitised sufficiently by projects and
Operational teams before the data is allowed to be sent out to third parties.

I've written guidance on what sort of information needs to be stripped out or substituted before the files are given to
my team for one last check.

I've also written some PowerShell scripts which the team run through to check before releasing them but this got me
thinking; I'd like to automate this to a large extent by offering an upload service internally. This would scan the
uploaded information and perform simple text substitution using the scripts already or something similar.

Has anyone done something similar before or can offer tips on how I could achieve this?

Grateful for any advice.

K41zen