PaulDotCom mailing list archives

SANSFIRE 2011

From: David Hoelzer <dhoelzer () enclaveforensics com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 18:33:12 -0400

Just a note about another often overlooked course..  AUD 507 sometimes scares off the techie/security people because
they see AUD in front of it.  Here's a quote from someone (who I believe is on this list.. I won't out him.. MD):  "Ed
(504) teaches you all about evil.  Dave (me, 507) teaches you how to automate evil!"

507 does talk about auditing, but the real focus is on building sustainable operational processes that are secure and
help admins/the business to maintain security rather than giving you point in time results.  I'm sure there are one or
two people on the list who can better explain what I'm trying to say.

Hope to see you there!  Give me a poke if you're at the conference.