PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: recommended VPN provider for "anonymous" IPv4 communication

From: Sven Aluoor <aluoor () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:51:59 +0200

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 7:56 PM, Arnaud <lists () arnaudloos com> wrote:
I use BlackVPN (https://www.blackvpn.com/) and use the Netherlands as my
endpoint. You can use OpenVPN as your client. Last time I paid my bill it
was $18 for 3 months but it looks like prices went up. I get acceptable
speed, often topping 1MBps. Occasionally the speed is horrendous but
disconnecting and reconnecting usually resolves the problem. I've also heard
good things about StrongVPN but never used them myself.

I am since yesterday a user of BlackVPN. The speed is very bad
(comparing to native speed, without tunnel), not even 1MBps and SMTP
communication to Google and Mail.ru doesn't work.Google search is in
Nederlands langguage :-(