PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: a pci question

From: "Nils" <nils () hemmann de>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 14:06:35 +0200

Hey Marck,
first off, if your company does not transmit or process cardholder data in any way then your entire company is not in PCI scope. But may be you could describe a little bit more in detail what exactly you are doing and how you´re processing payments.

Regarding the PSP´s demand of a VPN, I think this is just a general requirement they are having to standardize their external connections to be on the safe side. When it comes to PCI the PSPs need to encrypt any connection which *might *transmit cardholder data (Req. 4) But may be there are other non-PCI requirements like data privacy protection.

My 2ct.
Nils