PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Nessus report sort by number of issues?

From: Josh More <jmore () starmind org>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 11:46:02 -0500

I just wrote a perl script to parse the XML file.  It only took me an hour
or so to code the ranking.

By default, you can sort by host or by finding.  However, if you want pretty
graphs, parsing in perl and running through GD is really nice.  Writing it
into Open Office format can take some time as the docs are poor, but it's
certainly doable (as I've done it).

I can't share the code I did (work for hire), but I would gladly assist
someone else that wanted to write this up as an open source project.  (In
Perl, if you do Ruby or Python, you're on your own.  ;)

-Josh