PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Question about simple BlueTooth hack

From: craig bowser <reswob10 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 07:44:02 -0400

So, I'm giving a talk at my son's school for career day.  My talk is mostly
on the IA/Infosec career, but I thought I would do a quick simple bluetooth
hack to cut into the drone of person after person yapping up front. These
are 6-8th graders... attention span is limited.  I know, I have two.

Anyway, I've been trying to get bluenarfer and bluebugger to work to either
pull out an address book or dial a phone number.  However, I can't seem to
get it  working. When any connection is made, the phone asks for a pin or
asks if I want to allow a connection.  I would like the hack to work without
interaction from the user of the phone.

With bluesnarfer I get:

root@Joshua:/media/disk/files/
bluesnarfer# ./bluesnarfer -r 1-100 -C 1 -b 00:11:22:33:44:55
device name: Craig
^Cbluesnarfer: release rfcomm ok

I control-C out after a while because bluesnarfer waits and waits, I'm
guessing waiting for the phone to accept the connection.

With bluebugger I get:

root@Joshua:/media/disk/files/bluebugger/bluebugger-0.1# ./bluebugger -m
Craig -c 1 -a 00:11:22:33:44:55 info

bluebugger 0.1 ( MaJoMu | www.codito.de )

Target Device:    '00:11:22:33:44:55'
Target Name:      'Craig'

Mobile Identification
---------------------

...done

but no data.

I tried:

root@Joshua:/media/disk/files/bluebugger/bluebugger-0.1# ./bluebugger -m
Craigc 1 -a 00:11:22:33:44:55 dial 7xxxxxxxxx

bluebugger 0.1 ( MaJoMu | www.codito.de )

Target Device:    '00:11:22:33:44:55'
Target Name:      'Craig'

Dialing '7xxxxxxxx' ....call to '7xxxxxxxx' should be active now

Press <enter> to abort bluetooth connection
* shows 'cancel call too?'-popup on Nokia 6310i)

but nothing actually dialed.

The phones I've been trying are:

HTC Droid Incredible
LG Cosmos
Samsung Intensity
Palm Centro

I've been doing this on my Ubuntu 10.04 box, but I am definitely open to a
bootable backtrack CD or other bootable iso.

Any suggestions?  Can I somehow pass it the pin or several pins?

Thanks

Craig L Bowser