PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Security Starts With Policies

From: "Sherwyn" <infolookup () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 16:10:22 +0000

Not sure if this is the best approach but I would  first look to see if this organization has to abide by any
Government or industry regulations ex PCI, HIPPA and possibly work backwards from there.

I am currently undertaking a similar task for a University I work for and that's one option I am looking at. I am also
looking at other standards from NIST, SANS and others and then trim them down after having a talk with upper management.

Cheers,
Infolookup
http://infolookup.securegossip.com
www.twitter.com/infolookup