PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: OpenSSL Version.

From: Jim Halfpenny <jim.halfpenny () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:11:12 +0000

Hi,
I don't think there is a text file that contains the version number.
There are other ways to work out the openssl version other than
running the binary.

* dpkg --list | grep openssl
* strings -a /usr/bin/openssl  | grep ^OPENSSL_[0-9]
* ls /usr/lib64/libssl.so.[0-9]*

YMMV depending on the system and how OpenSSL was installed using these
techniques.

Regards,
Jim

I'm sure there are others ways to do this tool