PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Advice on Attacking WEP Using 802.1X

From: Colin Vallance <crvallance () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:59:05 -0500

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions but I'm tracking with interest.  If
you do figure something out please share!

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Matt Neely <matt-lists () matthewneely com>wrote:

Anyone have any advice on attacking a WEP network using 802.1X
authentication?  From reviewing a packet capture it appears like the
network is specifically using PEAP.  For PEAP I'd usually use OpenRADIUS
with the WPE patch and a fake AP.  But the AP I have on hand does not
support enterprise authentication with WEP.

Any thoughts, advice or pointers?

Cheers,
Matt