PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Masking URLs in IIS

From: Bert Van Kets <mailing () vankets com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 09:33:12 +0200

 IMHO the only way you can do it is by using a proxy that redirects the
requests to the final destination. Without a proxy, the browser will
have to know the final address of the site (the one you are trying to
hide) to request the data. The requests can be sniffed and the final
address detected, even if you hide it from the address bar.

If you can set up a "public" URL on the same server, you can define that
to use server side redirects. This functions the same way as a proxy
without the need for another machine.

Just my 0.02$

Bert