PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Recommendations for a private VPN service

From: Denis Hancock <denis.hancock () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 16:59:05 +1100

HEy Sherif
I stumbled upon Amazon EC2 FREE TIER which allows you to run a free
linux instance with some limitations.
Might save yourself a few $$$
Does anyone else out there use this ?
What do you think ?

On 31/12/2010 3:27 AM, Sherif El-Deeb wrote:
What I'm doing is having a VPS, and installed OpenVPN on it.
I've an account at linode, it's not a VPN service provider per se,
it'll give you a bare-bone linux server on the cloud, but having your
own linux server on the cloud with excellent bandwidth has many, many
advantages, which includes VPN, metasploit multi/handler with static
IP, iodined "if you own a domain", apache...etc.
The price might be overkilling if you're only interested in VPN "20$",
also this solution might not be the best for anatomy since your IP
will always be the same "your VPS static one", but it's not going to
reveal your real one.

Sorry if my reply was not a direct answer to your question, but I'm so
happy with my experience that I wanted to share it with you :).
Sherif Eldeeb.