PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Service Fingerprinting

From: Dan King <xxsegfaultxx () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 15:00:12 -0500

Not sure if you gave amapcrap a shot or not. Here's the syntax I usually to
bang the hell out of a service:

amapcrap -vm 0ab <host> <port>

This will send random null bytes, letters and spaces, and binary data to the
service. Let it run for a good while. It should stop once a response has
been sent back from the server.

I generally like to run tcpdump in the background while doing this. the pcap
can get quite large but I like to analyze the traffic to figure out the
protocol I'm dealing with.

Good luck :)