PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Enterprise Scan Solution

From: Kevin Shaw <kevin.lee.shaw () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 11:00:09 -0500

Stupid thumb on touchscreen..
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Kevin Shaw" <kevin.lee.shaw () gmail com>
Date: Dec 4, 2010 10:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Pauldotcom] Enterprise Scan Solution
pauldotcom () mailj pauldotcom com>

EEye Retina is a DoD requirement. Their standard used to be ISS Scanner; and
the EPA's OIG used it as well many years back. I think Internet Security
Systems was bought by HP?  I have an ISS ball cap still :)

I have seen Nessus' Security Center in use a couple places. Frankly the
larger the organization, the less 'Enterprise' I see and the more the
individual sites roll their own solution and report up.