PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Pass the hash for computer accounts?

From: David Porcello <DPorcello () vermontmutual com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 16:17:17 -0500

Yes, I realize there are many ways to do this with *user* account hashes, but I'm looking for a way to relay or pass
*computer* account hashes within a windows domain.

Basically I'm trying to "steal" the machine credentials from one computer and inject them into an off-domain PC to
obtain domain membership.

I can use PSHtoolkit to extract the machine account password hash in this format: ComputerName$:Domain:LMHash:NTLMHash
(Note the $). Just not sure where to go from there. PHstoolkit, meterpreter, and Samba let you inject NTLM hashes for
user accounts, but I can't find any way to do this for machine accounts.