PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Win Updates via ssh proxy

From: Andrew Anderson <andycapp92 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 12:22:58 -0600

This is an admin question driven by a security requirement, so forgive me
but I figured those of us on this list will much more likely have seen this
before?

Apparently it's not that easy to make WU work via a proxy.

The standard response on the web at large is to use proxycfg to grab your IE
settings.  That hasn't worked -> I can still see the box trying to get
directly out via my firewall.  It is being blocked due to egress filtering.

This is a web server which is not allowed to initiate connections outbound
at all.
I would like to keep it that way.

Has anyone tackled this successfully?