PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: with full read access what would you read

From: Tim Krabec <tkrabec () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 13:23:15 -0400

The ie & fd saved password lists. People are lazy.

On Nov 2, 2010, at 12:52 PM, Robin Wood <robin () digininja org> wrote:

On a recent test I found a website with a directory traversal attack
that let me read any file. The server was Win 2003 and I read the
obvious win.ini and boot.ini. I then read the Administrators
desktop.ini to prove I could. I tried but couldn't read the registry
files (not expected but worth trying).

The web server was an unusual one, part of an app so I couldn't find
the web root. The IIS web root just had an "Under Construction" file
in it so nothing interesting in there.

So, without being able to do directory listings to see what is there,
what files would you read on this box and why?

Robin