PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Enterprise Profile/Identify Management

From: Sven Aluoor <aluoor () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:21:16 +0200

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Michael Allen <sector876 () gmail com> wrote:
Hi All,
I am interested in exploring solutions to centrally manage user profiles in
the organisation. This should include the ability to specify applications
and respective user rights, request user access, track what apps a specific
user has access to, etc.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Michael

We use "BMC Identity Management Platform" also known as "Control-SA"
[0], see [1].
You have interfaces for standard products provided by BMC (for example
SAP, Oracle, UNIX, Linux, LDAP, AD, RACF, Windows,...) and development
tools for writing you own interfaces (language is Perl, Java, TCL,..)

There is a user friendly front-end Windows GUI (fat client) and Web
GUI (process oriented). Al data is collected in the Enterprise
Security Database (Oracle). You can do all the bleeding-edge stuff
like work flows, automated provisioning, auditing, self-service portal
for end-user to restore accounts, ... and much more.

If you have specific questions just ask here or at BMC Communities[2]

I like this product because it's unix-like, scriptable, SQL access for
full view,...

cheers Sven

[0] http://www.bmc.com/products/product-listing/42911837.html
[1] http://documents.bmc.com/products/documents/67/13/106713/106713.pdf