PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Looking for a good web spider

From: Jim Halfpenny <jim.halfpenny () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:20:15 +0100

Hi,
With Java applictions like Paros and Burp consider increasing the heap
size if you are going to do a large crawl. Because the JVM is
contrained to the max memory value on start up (e.g. -Xmx512M) it may
run  out of memory well before your system does. I'm just guessing
that this is the cause, check your logs for more info if they exist.

If you look in suite.bat you'll see that the max heap size is set to
-Xmx512m. Try increasing this and see how you get on.

Cheers,
Jim