PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Pigsty - Cleanup your Snort/Oinkmaster rule sets

From: Josh Little <josh () zombietango com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 17:11:28 -0400

 I have several tools, scripts mostly, that I've had laying around for a
bit that I'll be releasing to the wild in case they can be of use to
anyone. The first is Pigsty, a Perl script that will search through the
current active snort rules and return any active rules that match a
given string or regex. It will return a pre-formatted block that can be
appended to your oinkmaster.conf file. Rather simple, but it beats
manually searching through rule files for rules that have no place in
your environment.

Download and more info can be found at http://www.zombietango.com/blog/tools

ZT