PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Locking down USB on Linux

From: Adrian Crenshaw <irongeek () irongeek com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 20:03:40 -0400

I've not read it, but thanks for the links guys.

Adrian

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Michael Miller <mike.mikemiller () gmail com>wrote:

Adrian,

Have you checked the NSA's CSS guides?

http://www.nsa.gov/ia/guidance/security_configuration_guides/operating_systems.shtml

I used this as a checklist last time I had to do some system
hardening.  It did give you several ways depending on if you where
running a headless machine or a machine with a head (X Display).

I'll also go with the last poster. Epoxy works really well.  But then
again what if they pop open the case and find a USB port or pins that
just require a cable to use another path on the system board?  Then
again if they use a boot disk and disable any OS level protections /
disabled devices you are SOL.

-mmiller

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 5:08 AM, Adrian Crenshaw <irongeek () irongeek com>