PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Disabling Acrobat JavaScript

From: nberthaume at gmail.com (Nicholas B.)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 22:04:29 -0400

Here is a deployment kit for adobe acrobat... you can set the options to
enable or disable and then build an adm/admx gpo template to lock the
registry entry.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3993

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 6:09 PM, Craig Freyman <craigfreyman at gmail.com>wrote:

What have some of you done to disable JavaScript in Acrobat Standard/Pro as
well as Acrobat Reader from a corporate perspective?  I am referring to
installations that are already in place.  Custom GPO?

I've found a few articles describing the registry setting:

*[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\8.0\JSPrefs]
"bEnableJS"=dword:00000000*

This will work for XP clients but this key isn't in this place on my
Windows 7 box. It is under HKEY_Users\(MY SID)\Software\Adobe.......

If this is the case, if I'll have to write a script that grabs the user's
SID before running the registry file on login.  Any other options people
have used?